The first thing we do, when a need for information arises, is open an Internet browser and start searching. There are several browsers that have their own distinctive characteristics, but here we will discuss those browsers that have established a large user base and are constantly on the move to enable a smooth web experience with information on their main performance parameters.
- Mozilla Firefox
Firefox has become a popular Internet browser because it enables users to navigate quickly and reliably. It comes with several notable features and add-ons to ease the users’ internet experience. Its latest version is Firefox 3.6.
- Easy to use: Ability to Open Multiple Sites Simultaneously (Tabbed Browsing), One-Click Bookmarks, Spell Check, Restore Sessions, Smooth Scrolling, Password Manager are some of the many features that make it very easy to use.
- Security: In terms of security, Firefox gets the highest score compared to other browsers. It is an Anti Malware, Anti Phishing browser that allows private browsing, which helps protect personal information. Security settings regarding passwords, plugins, etc. can also be customized.
- Speed: Firefox allows a fast browsing experience and with its latest version, the speed will definitely increase.
- Supported configurations: Firefox is available for Windows (Vista and XP), Mac OS X and Linux.
Why Firefox? The wide range of extensions that Firefox offers attracts people to use it as their browser for a great web experience.
- Google Chrome
Although new to the field, Google Chrome has performed very well not because it came from Google, but because of the simplicity in its use and the cool features it presents to users. Also, Chrome is fast and safe to use.
- Easy to use: Chrome is specifically designed for ease of use. It has greatly improved tab functions that take tabbed browsing to the next level and make it organized and convenient to use. It also provides the necessary tools without complicating the interface.
- Security: Chrome guarantees a high level of security to its users and sends warning signals to indicate the presence of a suspicious website. Ensures protection from malware, phishing schemes, viruses, etc. It makes use of Sandboxing technology that allows each tab to run independently. This helps, in case one tab develops a problem, it will not affect the operation of other tabs. Speed: Chrome loads much faster and allows for a fast experience. Supported configurations: Chrome is compatible with Windows Vista, XP and Mac.
Why Google Chrome? Mainly for its simplicity and high speed, Chrome seems like the right choice.
- internet browser
- Easy to useInternet Explorer 8 enables a much better tabs experience and makes it easier for those who open multiple tabs simultaneously. It is quite easy to use, as all the necessary tools can be found without much effort.
- Security: IE 8 comes loaded with useful security features like InPrivate Browsing and SmartScreen Filter. While the former helps prevent disclosure of personal browsing sessions, that is, it does not save history if the mode is activated, the latter offers protection against phishing and malware.
- Speed: Compared to its previous versions, IE 8 takes less time to load web pages and therefore enables a faster experience. Supported configurations: Windows Vista, XP and 7.
Why Internet Explorer? IE 8’s security features make it favorable.
Opera is a feature-rich web browser and Internet suite that comes with useful built-in tools, yet it still occupies a small market share. Its latest version is Opera 11.
- Easy to use: It is quite easy to use Opera with its extensive tab functions and the ability to customize according to users’ needs. It offers various functions to make searching a pleasant experience.
- Security: Like Firefox and Internet Explorer, Opera Private Browsing and thus helps protect personal information. It also offers protection against malware, phishing, viruses, and pop-ups.
- Speed: Opera is a high-speed browser, but it has compatibility issues with some websites.
- Supported configurations: It is compatible with Windows (XP and Vista), Linux and Mac OS X.
Why Opera? The high degree of customization that Opera offers makes it attractive as a web browser.
Safari is an Apple product that gained instant recognition especially among Mac users and contains all the necessary features offered by other browsers in addition to some new ones.
- Easy to use: For Mac users, Safari offers a great experience. Non-Mac users may take some getting used to, but Safari is generally easy to use as a browser. Security: Safari allows private browsing, protects against malware, viruses, phishing and also offers parental controls.
- Speed: Safari is a fast browser that loads pages faster.
- Supported configurations: Windows and Mac.
Why Safari? Safari is the best for Mac users.
This was our effort to familiarize you with the major Internet browsers, from which you can select the one of your choice based on your requirements related to Internet use.