Founded in 2012, Candle offers delicious and easy-to-make food products as well as a business or income opportunity for those interested in marketing their business or products to generate income. Velata products are currently sold in Puerto Rico, Guam, Canada and the United States. They currently have over 1,000 employees and it is a brand associated with Scentsy Inc. that I have also conducted an unbiased third party review on.
As mentioned above, Velata offers a wide variety of food-related products that are easy to prepare or bake. Velata not only offers food, it also offers tools and kitchen utensils.
Some of the products that Velata offers are No-Bake Cheesecakes, Syrups, Cheese Sauces, Tongs, Spatulas, Knife Blocks, Ceramic Cutlery, and many more. I will give a brief explanation of some of the products that the company offers.
- Premium Chocolate – High quality sweet, smooth and creamy milk chocolate. It is suggested to heat the chocolate in a microwave and then add it to your Velata Fondue Warmer for a satisfying dessert.
- No-bake cheesecake – I like how this sounds. It is almost easy to prepare, hence the “no bake” aspect. The cheesecake also comes in 3 different flavors, including Classic, Key Lime, and Caramel Apple.
- Raclette Flip Flops – Although it is not a food product, it is a food-related product. I give a brief explanation just to point out that Velata does, in fact, offer kitchen utensils and tools. The description of these pliers should be self explanatory. They are beautiful pliers that are easy to use and hold. Pretty simple stuff.
Can you really make money from Velata’s business or income opportunity? To answer this, we must look at your compensation plan. Velata has its payment system configured by rank. You will start with a certain range and get a certain amount of income, the more you grow in the range, the more your income will grow.
The ranks included in the Velata business opportunity are Essential Consultant, Certified Consultant, Lead Consultant, Star Consultant, SuperStar Consultant, Director, Star Director, and SuperStar Director. Before I continue, a term that I will use frequently is Team Wholesale Volume (TMV), which means the amount of purchases or sales of all your teams.
- Essential Consultant – This is the first rank you need to achieve and start immediately after joining the company. You will be paid a commission on 20% of your personal retail volume. Therefore, if you sell enough products to generate $ 100, you will be paid 20% of that amount. Pretty easy math, but they’ll pay you $ 20.
- SuperStar Consultant – This rating is roughly in the middle of the entire rating spectrum and includes various types of payments. However, to stay in this range, you have to stay active with a few things.
Things to do and stay active: You must have 500 Personal Retail Volume, 6,000 Group Wholesale Volume, and 3 active Frontline Consultants each month.
Payments included are: 25% commission on personal retail volume, 7% personal wholesale volume bonus, 7% top-line or certified consultant TWV bonus, 5% consultant TMV bonus Frontline Leader and 3% Frontline Star Consultant TWV Bonus.
- SuperStar Director – This is the highest ranking rank you can achieve in Velata. Of course, there are the most payments with this range, but there are also the most required monthly measures that you need to achieve.
Things to do and stay active: You must have a personal retail volume of 500, a group wholesale volume of 80,000, a team wholesale volume of 10,000, 3 active frontline consultants, and 4 first-generation directors.
Payments included are: 25% commission on personal retail volume, 9% bonus on personal wholesale volume, 9% top-line or certified consultant TWV bonus, 7% bonus First Line Lead Consultant TWV, 5% First Line TWV Star Consultant, 2% First Line SuperStar TWV Consultant, 3% First Line TWV Director, 3% First Generation TWV Director Bonus, 4 % of TMW Second Generation Director Bonus and 5% TMV Third Generation Director Bonus.
To conclude, yes, you can make money with the Velata business opportunity!
For some, this is the most important question to answer before even considering joining this company. Understand that if you get involved with the Velata opportunity, you are starting your own business. All businesses require some type of upfront cost. I apologize if I am the one to inform you of this, but I provide accurate information and facts, it is just what I do. However, generally speaking, joining a company like this tends to have a much lower start-up cost than a traditional business like a construction business where it could range from $ 5,000 to $ 10,000.
So if you are interested in getting involved with this company, there are 3 ways to do it. You must purchase one of the three kits that Velata offers to get started. The 3 kits offered by Velata come with some catalogs, order forms, invitations and marketing brochures.
- Fondue starter kit – $ 99.00. This kit comes with one fondue warmer and one fondue sample plate, two Belgian chocolates, two cheese sauces, and two meltables.
- Crepe starter kit – $ 129.00. The crepe kit includes a Crepe Maker, Classique Crepe Mix, two artisan syrups, a cheese sauce, and a meltable.
- Rachlette Starter Kit – 219.00. The Rachlette kit is the most expensive kit Velata offers and includes a Raclette tabletop grill and three Artisan Rubs.
They also include a personal website that is free for the first 3 months! However, you have to pay $ 10 per month, after 3 months, to keep it active. You can also have another active website by paying an additional $ 5 a month.
Velata has a wide variety of food-related products and hasn’t been in business that long, which is good. This shows that as a company, they are motivated and committed to constant expansion.
The opportunity that Velata offers may seem complex, but honestly it is not! It’s very simple and once you do it, it will make a lot more sense. You just make money with all the different types of team member ranks, including yours. You can certainly make money from your company, but to be honest; their percentages are somewhat low to begin with. Once you’ve reached the highest available rank, you can generate a substantial amount of income, however, the first rank doesn’t offer much income. Also, it is annoying and frustrating to keep up with the monthly requirements to get these payments.
The cost to get started is inexpensive and expensive, depending on how you look at it. The 3 kits offered include things other than catalogs, order forms, invitations, and marketing brochures. It really all depends on what exactly you are passionate about offering. I like the fact that they have 3 kits; makes it more interesting to be able to choose your path to success.
Overall, I would give this company a B +. Note that they started in 2012, so they have grown at a very substantial rate. I hope Velata will be a top-notch and well-known company after a few more years.
* Dustin Hale is NOT affiliated with Velata or its business / income opportunity