Heartworms and fleas are parasites that can cause critical problems in pets. The good news is that it is now possible to prevent these parasites using safe, effective and easy to administer treatments. It is a well-known fact that heartworm disease can damage the lungs, heart, and other related blood vessels. This disease is spread through the bite of an infected mosquito. In dogs, heartworm disease can be treated, but it is very painful and expensive. Although there are no products authorized for the treatment of heartworm in cats. Fleas are blood-sucking parasites that transmit tapeworms that can cause flea allergy dermatitis (FAD). Therefore, it is recommended to prevent heartworms and fleas in pets.
Some facts about heartworms
- Heartworm disease affects dogs, cats and up to thirty other species of mammals.
- This disease is spread through parasitic worms that reside in the main pulmonary vessels and sometimes in the hearts.
- This disease can cause a wide range of problems that affect the heart, liver, lungs and kidneys of pets. In some extreme cases, it can even lead to death.
- In cats, heartworms can cause a respiratory disorder that mimics feline asthma. But there is no approved treatment for heartworms in cats.
- Heartworm disease is 100% preventable, yet there are still many pets diagnosed with heartworm disease each year.
- There are more than 25% of cats infected with heartworms that live indoors.
Prevention of heartworm disease
Giving Sentinel Spectrum is recommended as a heartworm preventive treatment for dogs. It is one of the best treatments available for dogs providing a 100% heartworm prevention guarantee, along with prevention of four other intestinal parasites including: hookworms, roundworms, tapeworms and whipworms. It even helps prevent fleas from laying eggs, thereby controlling flea infestations.
Fleas can cause critical problems in dogs and cats. Some of the adverse reactions of fleas on pets include: continuous itching and scratching, hair loss, scabbing, skin damage, and skin infection. It is also known as flea allergy dermatitis (FAD).
Some facts about fleas
- Fleas can not only affect pets, but also humans.
- Fleas can transmit tapeworms to pets and people.
- They play an important role in the spread of cat scratch fever between cats and humans.
- Fleas can suck a lot of blood from pets, which can lead to debilitation and even severe anemia.
- Fleas can be seen almost anywhere in the year. But they are less frequent in the colder months.
Advantage is one of the best flea preventative treatments available on the market. It is a completely waterproof monthly treatment that allows dogs to enter the water without the effect of the treatment wearing off. Helps prevent flea allergy dermatitis (FAD). Flea bites are prevented within 5 minutes of treatment administration. It also kills 100% of chewing lice within a week of administration and is effective for a full month. Kills adult fleas within half a day of administration and 99% of flea larvae within 20 minutes of administration.
The combination of Advantage and Sentinel Spectrum is the easiest way to protect your pets from these pesky parasites.