Many people often find themselves cleaning their home like crazy, because they want to make sure their home is clean for their children. Unfortunately, most people are clueless about the harmful toxins found in many household cleaning products. Many mothers and fathers find themselves using bleach to clean items bought at yard sales and even to clean walls or bathrooms. Why shouldn’t they? I mean the bottles don’t say how toxic it is! The only thing the manufacturer cares about is making parents think the product is great at killing germs, so we as parents buy them. They do not alert users to the toxins contained in these cleaning products. Most parents find themselves cleaning baby’s crib, toys and floors with cleaning products, which are leaving more toxins than the toxins they are cleaning because companies are NOT required by law to alert the consumer.

Here are some great facts about common household cleaning products found in many homes around the world today! Formaldehyde, phenol, benzene, and toluene are found in common household cleaners and all have been linked to cancer-causing and immune system toxins. Children are very vulnerable to toxic chemicals. Pound for pound of body weight, children drink more water, eat more food, and breathe more air than adults. The implication of this is that children will have substantially greater exposure than adults to whatever toxins are present.

Most young children spend much of their day putting things in their mouths. Young children especially, seem to put anything and everything they can get their hands into their mouths. In 1998, Rutgers University scientists discovered that pesticides sprayed in a home evaporate from floors and carpets and then recondense onto plastic and foam objects such as pillows and stuffed toys. By looking at how often a group of preschoolers put clean toys in their mouths, the researchers calculated that contaminated toys are likely to give young children much higher doses of poison than adults would receive. in the same environment.

Babies do not excrete pollutants or store them in fat in the same way that adults do, making poisons more available to affect rapidly growing bodies. Also, because a baby’s immune system is not fully functional, a baby’s body cannot counteract toxic effects as well as an adult can. In an adult, a blood-brain barrier isolates the brain from many of the potentially harmful chemicals that circulate in the body. But in a human child, that barrier doesn’t fully develop until six months after birth.

A pregnant woman can also pass toxins from common cleansers to the fetus! Many pollutants, such as dioxins and PCBs, have an affinity for fat tissue. During pregnancy, women mobilize their accumulated stores of body fat to feed their growing babies; the pollutants in fat are passed on to your children. Nursing mothers also transfer a good deal of chemical buildup to their babies throughout their lives.

Children exposed in utero are at the highest risk of all. Because cell structures change so rapidly during embryonic and fetal growth, a toxic exposure at the wrong time can permanently disrupt later development. According to Dr. Landrigan, the central nervous system is especially vulnerable. To function properly, the developing brain must establish an intricate network of interconnected neurons. Small doses of neurotoxins during critical periods of brain development can disrupt those crucial neural pathways – one mistake at first and the brain can change forever in subtle or serious ways. Government and university scientists are currently investigating the possibility of a connection between fetal exposure to toxins and developmental disabilities such as attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD).

As a parent, you MUST be concerned about this! Cleaning your home with toxic products is literally breaking down your children’s bodies and adding to the changes in cancer and other life-threatening health problems.

Even if you had no idea about this concern, until you read this article, now is the time to act! You can start by using only toxin-free cleaning products! Get rid of any product that is not environmentally friendly. If a product is eco-friendly, that means it is safe to have at home! If it’s safe to have it in your home, it’s safe to use without worrying about harmful effects!

To visit [http://www.safewellnessproducts.com/] today and see the full selection of all natural eco-friendly home care products. All cleaning products are non-toxic, natural, concentrated, do not contain phosphates and are biodegradable formulas. This means that they are safe to have in your home. Concentrated cleaning products will last longer than store-bought products, saving you money and cleaning toxins from your home.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *